Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, July 17, 2009

Blueberrry Picking

What a difference a year makes. Last summer I went blueberry picking several times, just me and few friends and my sneakers and my sunglasses. Today I went blueberry picking with the bug and our friend Fran and a stroller, sling, burp cloth, random toys, extra blanket, bug's favorite blanket, diaper bag... I am already looking forward to next year when 15 month old bug can walk with me picking berries as he goes. It will be like Blueberries for Sal which was my favorite book when I was a kid (I mean just like that book minus the bears).
Bug got to wear his super cute pony outfit today because it is kind of cool out.
thanks Diane and Laura!
he's so big
happy and ready for the blueberries
hanging in his stroller
self portrait of us
mulitasking mom - breast feeding and picking berries
i felt kind of like a 18th century farm worker feeding the baby and still doing
the picking fran took a great pic of herself getting ready for a post berry picking nap
I only got 3 lbs but that's a good start - the first pan is freezing as I type. Next Friday when Daddy is home, Fran and I are going to go back without bug to ensure I have enough for winter. But nonetheless it was a successful outing.

1 comment:

Boom said...

You're a total hippy farmhand!! Why did you EVER leave Chapel Hill? Your people are RIGHT OVER HERE!