Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, July 31, 2009

We've been busy

We have been busy busy busy at Grandma's house. TBL went through this 3 mo growth spurt which was super fun. Daddy has missed both of his major growth spurts but ironically Daddy is getting less sleep away from the two of us than we are. TBL is also called 'the bug' or 'bug' for short so I took a picture of him in his adorable bug onesie while we were out for a walk. On Wednesday afternoon, we went to the Canastota Dunkin Donuts to meet Lizzie and Phil who are in from London for Lizzie's sister's wedding. They brought their niece along with them who slept the entire time. For living across an ocean, I sure have seen these two a lot this year. Three times in 9 months-- not bad :-) We had a delightful visit over coffee and donuts.
On Wednesday night Bill, Gabby and I were all signed up for a 5K cross country race on the west side of the city. Well Bill and Gabby didn't accompany me on this adventure so I ran it alone. It was a super tough course. The weather was overcast, humid and a bit rainy but not really hot. I ran fast for me considering that 3 months ago at the exact same time I was having contractions and getting ready to push out TBL (rather getting ready to try for almost 4 hours to push out TBL). I finished in 30:52 which is a 9:56 pace. My best 5K time in my 'prime' last summer was 28:18. I am thrilled with myself for getting back out there and not being so far off my times from last summer while still carrying around 13 extra pounds. I did end up passing this gal in the pink right near the finish. She ran a great race as well.

Red faced and happy after the race
My mom stayed home to put TBL to bed and my dad went with me. He walked around the course to cheer me on and took plenty of pictures.
On Thursday we all (Mom, Dad, TBL, me, my niece Madison and brother David) up to the Adirondacks to Old Forge which is about 1.5 hours north of Syracuse. We played car bingo on teh way up and were really missing Bill because one of the cards has a 'bald man' on it. My dad was the judge and the final say and was really strict. He wouldn't let us use an overpass as a bridge. He insisted a bridge was over water. Everyone won a few rounds and were glad that we didn't get the chance to mark 'skunk smell'. We spent the day at Enchanted Forest Water Safari (where the fun never stops). We had a blast. We got to eat lunch at the Pied Piper which is a greasy roadside restaurant which is a must during a trip to Old Forge. David, Madison and I got to ride a bunch of water slides and my folks hung out with TBL. TBL did great there in the park just chillin' in the stroller, going on walks and in the car except for the last 20 minutes he screamed to let us know we were late for his bed time. He passed out right when we got home and he got in his jammies and had milks. I love the Adirondacks. I love the scenery and the smells and the memories of spending time up at Saranac in the summer just enveloped me as soon as we crossed into the park. My mom took tons of pics of us at the park that I'll have to post later.
Madison spent the night and this morning we hung out before heading out to the mall. Madison just loves TBL and the feeling is mutual. He just laughs and coos and smiles at her.
After we went to the mall, we had lunch at the famous Syracuse original, Dinosaur BBQ. TBL had some milks while we all had BBQ. It was delicious!
Here is a shot of us outside. I can't wait to keep coming back here and taking pics at all of our favorite places as he grows up; Dinosaur, Sno Top, Pavones, Swan Pond, Enchanted Forest and he will have a visual timeline of his visits to Grandmas house.
He's one lucky, loved little boy!
I can't believe our week is up and we have to leave tomorrow. I am trying not to be sad. I am missing my husband so once I can get through security and stop crying about leaving my folks I'll be excited to be on my way back home.




No comments: