Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Seriously

Seriously haven't I been through enough in the past 8 weeks not to mention the 9 months before. Last week TBL slept really well; so well I was bragging about it and probably jinxed us. Eating and going down around 7 pm, then getting a 'dream feed' while still sleeping at about 10. He was sleeping until between 3-4 which wasn't so bad. Then the past few nights 3-4 has become 1-2 and then 12-1. I thought maybe he was growing. Tuesday he got his 2 mo shots and has been sleeping extra during the day. No big change that night in his sleeping. Yesterday Bill and I decide let's try a night without the 'dream feed' because it doesn't seem to be helping. Last night TBL was extremely fussy, screaming at 7 pm and would not eat but he did fall fast asleep. Up again at 8 screaming, ate a little. Up again at 8:30 screaming, ate a little. Turns out I think the fascination with his hands has led to the poor little guy gagging himself and hence the waking up and screaming. Bill and I settled in last night for what we thought would be a long long night of being awake. Turns out TBL slept and slept. I woke up at 4 am so engorged I thought I would pop. I thought 'He'll be up any minute now, I'm not going to go down to pump". Well that minute turned into 90 and by 5:30 I was up again because I had leaked a ton; I may as well have wet the bed. TBL was stirring so I got him up to feed him. His PJs got all wet because as he was eating on one side the other was leaking too. Seriously, haven't I been through enough. I pray for a full night of sleep, finally get it to be awoken with wet milk sheets. Ahhh the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember the overnight engorgement and leaking with Jesse. Somehow, with Molly Ann I haven't had that problem even with her really early foray into overnight sleeping. I never woke up to pump if the babies didn't wake up to eat - I like my sleep too much.

Wow, I just said babies when referring to my own children. Sometimes it still freaks me out (in a good way) that I have 2 kids.

Hang in there...it does get easier as baby gets bigger.