Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not for the faint of heart

I have decided traveling along with an infant on two small commuter planes is not for the faint of heart. It was way harder than I thought. On our first leg to Detroit we sat next to a hefty fella who seemed less than pleased to be next to us. The feeling was mutual. Lucas did fine. He cried a little bit, slept a little bit, ate a little bit. He was melting down as we landed and I thought no problem, we'll be off soon. Turns out it took over 20 minutes for a bridge way driver or whoever to come and get the gate thing next to our plane. Lucas was less than pleased and everyone on the plane knew it. While in Detroit I called my friend, Julie, who has traveled alone with three kids. I had to call her and extend my awe of what she had done. She said this is the worst trip I'll ever take and there is a reason she stopped traveling alone after her trip with her eldest three.
I took some pictures of our day together.
Here TBL is in his stroller loaned to us from the Lemans while we were waiting for our plane in Cedar Rapids after Daddy dropped us off.

A close up shot

How jammed my backpack was... toys, changes of clothes, blankets, water, book, wallet, boydoll, diaper bag hanging off the side

Hanging out on the plane from Detroit to Syracuse. We sat next to a lovely lady who is a mother herself and kept saying how good he was doing.
Plane self portrait
Our friend from church, Cris, who had her son Eric on the same day as Lucas flew two weeks ago from Chicago to Brazil by herself. My mantra yesterday was... Cris flew to Brazil, you can fly to Syracuse. Cris flew to Brazil, you can make it just a little while longer. And turns out I was right. The plane landed and we were at Grandmas!

No comments: