Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

he's going to be a genius and helpful and well mannered and neat

Well it was another tiring shopping morning for TBL. He did great and even transferred well to the car seat and got in the house all asleep but then Mommy opened the front door too loud and up he was. Ugh! Grandma is trying to put him back down for a snooze now. Well that didn't work so Mommy gave him some more milks and around the block once and now he's out again in the stroller on the front porch. Grandma and I are enjoying the nice weather sitting out on the porch with him.
We bought him some great toys today. Firstly is this really cool fish pond that he can load and unload. It has a seahorse in it which is crucial to his development. I didn't know seahorses were real until I was 25. I thought they were mythical like unicorns. I went to the New England Aquarium with two friends while I lived in Boston and the first tank I saw when I walked in was the seahorses. I freaked out, had my face on the glass practically shouting 'they're real. they're real'. I called my mom and scolded her for not telling me as a child that seahorses were real. 'I didn't think I had to' she responded. Well TBL is going to know from toddlerdom that yes seahorses are real.
Next we got this great wooden memory game for car rides. TBL is going to be a genius. He'll probably have all 7 double sided cards memorized by the time he is 7.
Adding to his genius are going to be these characteristics; helpful, well mannered and neat. We got this great magnetic responsibility chart with tasks on it like say thank you, no whining, make your bed, set the table, help with indoor chores, help with outdoor chores, feed your pet, pick up your toys etc and then little smiley faces for each day of the week. I will need advice from my friends who are mothers of helpful, well mannered and neat children ( you know who you are) about when you start introducing responsibility. I just want to know when I can break out the cool magnetic chore chart.  
Back to the genius part of play is this really cool wooden and magnetic book of letters. I like it especially because Q is for quail and not quiet or queen like lots of other books.
We found this for our friends, the Pradarellis. They have two girls, Abby and Emma, too bad they are in 7th and 5th grade and way past dressing up dolls because this would have been the perfect set for them. 
Grandma is going to have a full load for TBL when she and Grandpa drive out over Labor Day weekend. 

1 comment:

Boom said...

LOL about the seahorses!!!

"I didn't think I had to."

That's the funniest mess I've read in a long time.