Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th! The green carpet is no more


HAPPY 4th of JULY! I love the 4th. It is the only day of the year that I can use my sweet flag light box that one of my WWII veterans handmade me while I was at the VA. I mean can you get any more patriotic than a homemade flag with christmas lights in it made by one of the greatest generation? Today Bill and I hosted our second annual every other year 4th of July party. Bill took the weed wacker and the electric hedge trimmer (that my mom brought last summer after being at our house for 10 minutes and so irritated by our hedges that she went out, bought the clipper and trimmed them before we had gotten home from work that day). Bill did a fantastic job and green carpet is no more; at least for today. The weeds will win.


Here ar the raspberry bushes after Bill cut down two mulberry tress and a half dozen maple saplings trying to become trees.

At our first party, our pastors brought friends of theirs who were visiting. Their 15 year old daughter cut her knee open on a rock in our backyard when they were playing and now to what is a legend, I stitched up her knee on the kitchen counter using the sink sprayer to wash it out. She was a trooper as I had very limited numbing medication. Today when they arrived, the kids put ketchup on Katelyn's leg and carried her into the house screaming. I wasn't fazed. I didn't even flinch. Good joke though. I must say her scar looks nice if I can say so myself. We got through our party with no injuries, no stitches. Thanks George, John, Thomas, Benjamin and all the others who hatched the crazy idea that we should be free from England.
"As just as Tom here has written, we say to hell with Great Britian" Benjamin Franklin in 1776

1 comment:

Stacey P said...

So any guesses who was the grand marshal of the Towson Fourth of July parade? That's right Duff and the rest of the Charm City cake team. You know you wish you lived here. http://baltimorejetsy.blogspot.com/