Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Moonlight Chase

Last night Bill, Gabby and I ran the Moonlight Chase. It is a 4 mile road race in the small town of Eldridge Iowa. It was a great course through the residential streets. I bet half the town was out lining the streets cheering, sitting and watching, drinking beer etc. Almost the entire 4 mile course was lined with people; it was great. They have a theme every year and this year's was 'It's a fiesta!'. The citizens went all out decorating their lawns, mailboxes and streets with lights, glow in the dark cacti and other miscellaneous items. They had sprinklers shooting in the streets and a ton of kids lined up to give you 'five' as you passed. In one driveway was a little band of old men; guy on tuba, guy on washboard and guy on the trombone. I got cheered on like the celebrity I deep down think I am. And the weather was perfect. I would even say 'a bit chilly' which is like manna from heaven after the weather we have been having. Nile was our photographer. Below is Gabby a bit ahead of Bill in the charcoal colored shirt with Bill in the yellow with white hat. Post race. Bill ran with Gabby which on the outside kind of annoyed her in a 14 year old way but deep down I think she enjoyed it.
That's me blurring toward the finish (or at least Nile says he thinks that is a picture of me). I like to think I am such a fast runner that I'm too fast for the shutter!



No comments: