Habbakuk 1:5b

"For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakuk 1:5b

Sunday, July 27, 2008

There and Back Again Part 7

So we drove and drove and drove and made it from Tybee Island Georgia to Paducah Kentucky in one day. Susie and her family had to get back sooner than us and they made the whole trip in one day which is a bit more impressive, but they left at 6 am. We left Savannah at 1:48 pm. We rolled into a motel in Paducah sometime around 11; this time the time zone was to our advantage. Bill did a great job driving. I drove for about two hours in the late afternoon through Atlanta rush hour traffic while Bill slept so I am giving myself almost equal credit. On Friday we drove the last 7 or so hours home from Paducah to Iowa City. Not only is Illinois a long state but it is only 65 which made the last 7 hours just crawl by. And I ran out of Bingo prizes so I wasn't allowed to play the last few rounds.. dang! We had to stop in Davenport to pick up our car and drop off the mini van. So we had about 1 hour in our packed to the brim car before we landed back on our driveway. I think driving for one hour in a car packed so full made us all appreciate the gift that the rental minivan was. I took some last pictures because the way we were crammed in was hilarious and we had to leave some stuff at Susie's including those fun but not easily packable boogie boards.
Here is the back seat with a kid to sit on each side of the cooler. Here is Gabby jammed in on her side.
I somehow sat in this seat as we rode home. I didn't complain much because all the fragile stuff my mom and I bought was gently placed at my feet and I didn't want to draw attention to the stuff Bill found impractical. I was too tired for an "I told you so" or a mini lecture about filling our house with more crap.
And here is the trunk. One top is Nile's skim board which is lighter and thinner than a boogie board. My mom got some pictures of him using it at the beach and I'll have to post them when I get them.
So there you have it. There and back again we went.


No comments: